Tuesdays off from work are full of accomplishments. Here is a list of all the things I did today, while rocking out in this amazingly comfy and warm Fair Isle sweater…and in these boots that give me crazy amounts of height that cause sales associates to comment on how tall I am.
- I cleaned out my closet of things I don’t wear anymore.
- I took them to a resale place here and made $100 on some of the items. They gave me back the items they didn’t want.
- I took those reject items to the second location of this same resale place and made $46 on some of the rejects. Success.
- I took my wedding dress in to get alterations so that my rib cage would fit nicely into it. Long story short, I bought a wedding dress for $54 in The Fiance’s hometown. It is probably 1/2 size too small. I am going to make this work.
- The alterations lady was so nice, but told me that my dress was too short or I was either too tall. I don’t know how to take this comment.
- I bought the domain name for my blog. More details to come once I figure out website speak. Exciting!
- I emptied the trash and did laundry. Riveting!
Luckily, I get another day off tomorrow, so I might just have a lazy day to myself.
- On Target item: Mossimo Supply Sweater, (online and in stores!)
- Belt: Target (old)
- Jeans: Denizen, Target (exact)
- Shoes: Old Navy (here)
Don’t worry folks, just when The Fiancé and I had finished shoveling off the driveway for the weekend, we got more snow last night! Lame. Winter is the worst. Luckily, I had a nice weekend eating brunch and wings and brownies (ahh the life), snuggling with the puppy, and going to Lucas Oil Stadium to watch my Colts win! No outfit post yesterday, since I wore my Colts jersey and Saturday’s long black cardigan all day.
Today marks the beginning of a great two weeks. It is jeans for the rest of the year at my work, and I have a 2.5 day work week this week, followed by a 1.5 day work week next week. Lucky ducky, indeed. So get ready to see more casual looks (while still appearing business casual + jeans). I love this blazer (along with the rest of my “collection” of Merona’s oxford blazers), and thought it might work well with a yellow shirt, since it has a faint yellow/gold stripe in the plaid. I think it did work out extremely well, even though it is a lot of color/texture in one look. The jeans and the neutral ankle boots balance this out well.
ps. I broke my no-shopping ban. 14 days strong, only to be broken by a ridiculous sale at Old Navy. Gasp! However, I justified it with a friend, and I’m feeling okay about it. I ended up buying the long Old Navy cardigan (previously seen here in black) in gray and white and then the Honeycomb Knit sweater (seen here) in mint (to make the minimal amount for free shipping). I knew I would have bought them after Christmas as good staples, and I didn’t want to miss the ridiculous savings that were going on this weekend. Please forgive me in this difficult time. I am planning on joining a shopping budget group in January. Stay tuned!
- On Target item: Merona Oxford Blazer (plaid – recent)
- Lace top: Merona, Target (early 2013 summer)
- Jeans: Denizen, Target (exact)
- Shoes: Old Navy (here)
Lookin’ snazzy, right? Someone (I kid you not) at my work today, asked me if I was trying out to be a Ralph Lauren model. The answer was “no, but thank you thank you thank you for saying that.” Again, people, real life compliments are where it is at!
I had a fairly important conference call at work today, and even though it sounds crazy, I have read that you act more on point and more professional (even just on the phone) if you are more dressed up. That’s why they tell you to be in your business professional suit when on the phone with a job interview. At least, that’s what they told me in business school! I think it work, since I nailed the call.
This outfit also streamlined my layering issues from yesterday. The blazer helps define a shape, and I still got to keep warm by rocking this thinner sweater under my blazer. Warm and professional? Count me in!
Look at this adorable troublemaker that I have to put up with when The Fiancé doesn’t take my photos!
Please check out my dog, Cooper, in the above photo. This is his first blog appearance, and judging by how many photos he snuck into today, it is surely not his last! You find him to be adorable, right (clearly I am not biased at all)?
This blog is giving me such a great creative outlet to come up with new ensembles. I would have never paired these colors together, but was looking for an outfit and knew I wanted to wear these awesome bright blue cords. I didn’t want to pair it with gray or black, because the weather here in Indiana has provided enough of that for the week! This cardigan was peeking out of the orange section of my closet (yes, I am one of those people who color codes her closet), and I thought it might be a winner with the right neutral ingredients. Yes, I think cooking and creating outfits are similar processes…everything in perfect harmony, right?
Guess who failed at Weather Preparation 101 again? Cold feet > cold legs, so I guess I am learning? Don’t worry, my boss warned me about potential snow tomorrow, so I’ll be prepped and ready…I think.
- On Target item: Merona Cords (bought in October, in clearance in stores)
- Cardigan: Merona, Target (old)
- Lace tank: Ann Taylor Loft Outlet (bought in November in stores)
- Belt: thrifted
- Shoes: Mossimo, Target (also bought in Fall 2013, similar)
Outfit Inspiration from: Ann Taylor Loft online look book
*Copycat! is a feature where I try to recreate outfits I find on Pinterest (or various other sources of inspiration), utilizing at least one item from Target.
This is my second round of Copycat!, and I am loving actually using my millions of pins! This inspiration came from Ann Taylor Loft, whose clothes I love and enjoy wearing. This skirt was a dream find when I got it. In my size. 50% off? I’ll take two (I actually did…watch out for the navy one to make an appearance someday!).
I think it worked well. I was worried about wearing a white tee, so I switched it to gray. It seemed a little flight attendent style, so I tied the scarf in a knot at the bottom and added a brooch for some sparkle. I do love her boots more than mine. I’ve not been impressed with my tall boots lately and might have to look into some nicer upgrades!
What do you think of my second Copycat!? Did I nail it or what?!
- On Target item: Merona Oxford Blazer (navy – recent)
- Tee: Merona, Target (same style)
- Skirt: Ann Taylor Loft (got in October 2013)
- Scarf: gift from future sister-in-law!
- Brooch: probably stolen from my mom
- Boots: Macys, old
I love Pinterest and have an unhealthy addiction to it. I find myself pinning and viewing pins for hours. Hours, guys. I find myself pinning a bunch of outfits combinations that I love, but I have a board of 289 pins currently! I need to start making this work for me. So, yet, another new feature for the blog: Copycat! I will try to recreate these stunning outfits using my closet, and each one will, per usual, utilize at least one item from Target. I’ll try to have one of these per week.
So check out my first attempt above for work today (jeans all week thanks to the holiday!). I changed the colors from black and white to blue and white to work with the items that I actually have. I think it turned out pretty well, though I am coveting her boots still!
Do you have a fashion Pinterest board, and if so, have you ever tried to replicate the outfits?
p.s. I really have to wear different shoes tomorrow. This is like 4 days in a row!
- On Target item: Merona Sweatshirt (from Spring 2013)
- Shirt: Cherokee, Target (boys dept., old)
- Jeans: Denizen, Target Jeans, (got mine in August, in stores)
- Necklace: thrifted
- Shoes: Old Navy (here)
Blue is my favorite color. And it use to overwhelm my closet so much that I would put myself on blue-color bans, where I would force myself to branch out to other colors. I find myself embracing it a lot these days as well. It will be the main color at my upcoming wedding. It is the color of my favorite pro sports team (cough Indianapolis Colts cough). And mushy mush, it is the color of Fiance’s eyes!
Anyways, this outfit combines a lot of my favorite blue items (including a fairly new-from-clearance blue top). Hope you enjoy! Now I’m off to go snuggle up on the couch with a cup of coffee and my laptop, which is a perfect activity for this dreary Indiana day.
- On Target item: Merona Top (in stores on clearance rack)
- Cardigan: Merona, Target (spring 2013)
- Pants: Gap (old)
- Shoes: Merona, Target (old)