Indiana got covered with a blanket of snow last night, and it is still snowing strong this morning. It is the perfect day to stay in and cozy up to a loved one and a cup of coffee. I already have had plenty of Cooper snuggles this morning. I’m off to venture out into the cold and snow to model bridesmaid dresses for my friend B and her upcoming wedding. She’s having a hard time deciding what look she wants, so fingers crossed that I can help her narrow it down. Choosing bridesmaid dresses for my wedding was hard too, so I know what she is going through! This outfit is practical and not fancy at all, so hopefully, there is no one to impress at the bridal boutique! I love mixing stripes with almost every other print imaginable, and this scarf/shirt combo is one of my favs. How to Layer During the Snow:
- Pick a thicker knit top that still is fitted. Put it on.
- Take an oversized sweater (one in a bigger size than you normally wear, so it will fit over your first top). Put it on.
- Accessorize with a thick scarf.
- Throw on your warmest jacket (not pictured).
ps. After these photos occurred, The Fiance pelted me with snowballs. I got a few in too (I promise we are not five year olds), but stayed plenty warm in this look.
- On Target item: Denizen Jeans, Target (exact)
- Black Cardigan (I found a long one that I love!): Old Navy (exact)
- Scarf: Old Navy (old)
- Striped Sweater: thrifted
- Duck boots: L.L. Bean (got mine thrifting for $25, but exact)